Published Jul 29, 2014Last month, classic rock gods Led Zeppelin reissued their first three albums in expanded form. Now, they've announced the next two albums in the campaign, which will arrive on October 28 through Atlantic/Swan Song.
This latest batch brings Led Zep into the '70s, as it included 1971's Led Zeppelin IV and 1973's Houses of the Holy.
Like the previous reissues in the series, these albums will be available in six different formats: single CD, expanded double-CD set, single LP, double vinyl with bonus content, digital download, or lavish box set. The box set comes with both CDs, both LPs, an 80-page hardbound book and a numbered print of the album cover.
See the tracklists below. As you can see, the bonus material mostly consists of alternate mixes. Yes, this includes an alternate mix of IV's classic "Stairway to Heaven."
After these, Led Zeppelin still have four more albums to reissue (and that's not including live LPs or compilations).
Led Zeppelin IV:
1. Black Dog
2. Rock and Roll
3. The Battle of Evermore
4. Stairway to Heaven
5. Misty Mountain Hop
6. Four Sticks
7. Going to California
8. When the Levee Breaks
1. Black Dog (Basic Track With Guitar Overdubs)
2. Rock and Roll (Alternate Mix)
3. The Battle of Evermore (Mandolin/Guitar Mix from Headley Grange)
4. Stairway to Heaven (Sunset Sound Mix)
5. Misty Mountain Hop (Alternate Mix)
6. Four Sticks (Alternate Mix)
7. Going to California (Mandolin/Guitar Mix)
8. When the Levee Breaks (Alternate UK Mix)
Houses of the Holy:
1. The Song Remains the Same
2. The Rain Song
3. Over the Hills and Far Away
4. The Crunge
5. Dancing Days
6. D'yer Mak'er
7. No Quarter
8. The Ocean
1. The Song Remains the Same (Guitar Overdub Reference Mix)
2. The Rain Song (Mix Minus Piano)
3. Over the Hills and Far Away (Guitar Mix Backing Track)
4. The Crunge (Rough Mix - Keys Up)
5. Dancing Days (Rough Mix with Vocal)
6. No Quarter (Rough Mix with JPJ Keyboard Overdubs - No Vocal)
7. The Ocean (Working Mix)